Saturday, November 5, 2011

Herb Crusted Pork Loin Roast

This is a really easy and yummy way to dress up a pork loin roast. I think the key is roasting the roast until it is 145 degrees and then letting it rest under foil for 10 minutes. Then it stays nice and moist. I realized while cooking this roast that my thermometer is totally broken (I bought a new one today!) so I did overcook my pork, but honestly this roast would have been perfect if it was cooked to the right temp. At any rate, it was very tasty even though it was a bit overcooked. I served it with roasted vegetables and sauteed asparagus and it was a great fall dinner.

Herb Crusted Pork Loin Roast

1, 3 lb pork loin roast
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon pepper
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoon grated parmesan
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Pat pork roast dry with paper towels. In a small bowl combine rosemary, pepper, thyme, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, and salt. Rub the spice mixture onto all surfaces of the roast. Place the roast in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 375 for 1-1 1/2 hours, until an internal thermometer reaches 145 degrees. Remove roast from oven, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

*Pan Gravy - You could make a wonderful pan gravy by taking all the drippings from the baking dish and pouring them into a saucepan. Add some broth (chicken or beef) and some cornstarch mixed with water and bring to a boil. Serve over the pork. I'm going to do this next time.

No comments: