Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cranberry and Cream Cheese Salsa

Oooh I love this dip!! I got the recipe from my friend Carolyn and it rocks. I took it to a Halloween party last weekend and it was received very well. I think it will be my go-to appetizer from now on. (I just have to remember to buy a couple bags of cranberries while they are in season and freeze them). Thanks for the great recipe Carolyn!

Cranberry and Cream Cheese Salsa

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
12 oz fresh cranberries
4 green onions, chopped in big pieces
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 bunch of cilantro, long stems removed
1/2 cup sugar
juice of 2 limes (juiced at room temperature)
1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped in big pieces
tortilla chips

Combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and spread in a thick layer on a large plate, pie plate, or small platter. Set aside while you make the salsa.

In a food processor or blender combine: cranberries, green onions, garlic, salt, cilantro, sugar, lime juice, and jalapeno. Process until combined and cranberry pieces are very small. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.

No comments: