Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Slow Cooked Sunday Roast

This is the best go-to roast recipe! I got it from my friend Jessica's family recipe book that she was so kind to send to me. Thank you thank you Jessica!! This recipe has changed how I think about slow cooking Sunday roasts. I used to be a crockpot roast gal, but this roast came out so moist and tender. So I say slow cooking in the oven is the way to go! This would be perfect to make during afternoon church. I served it with mashed potatoes and brown gravy. So lovely and Sundayish.

Slow Cooked Sunday Roast

beef roast - pot roast, rump roast, etc.
1 packet onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
onions, cut into wedges or chunks
carrots - cut big carrots into chunks or use baby carrots

Place vegetables in the bottom of a covered baking dish or dutch oven. Place roast on top of vegetables. Combine cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix and pour over roast. Cook covered in oven at 325 for 3-4 hours.

*You could also place quartered red potatoes in with the roast if you'd like an all in one kind of meal.

No comments: