Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Last night I hosted book club and the book we read was Rebecca, which is a stellar read in my opinion. Since the book is set in a big English manor house I decided to do English high tea treats. We had hot cocoa in the place of tea, cucumber tea sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries, and 2 different kinds of loaf cakes (butter pound, and pumpkin strussel), but I can't post the cake recipes since I bought them from Costco :). I did make the cucumber sandwiches and they were scrumptious if I do say so myself.

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 (.7 oz) packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix
2 French baguettes, or pre-sliced appetizer bread (you can usually find it in the deli section)
2 medium cucumbers, sliced fairly thin
dry dill
paprika

In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayo, and Italian dressing mix. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.

Cut baguettes into 1 inch diagonal slices. Spread the cream cheese blend onto each bread piece. Top with 2 over lapping cucumber slices. Sprinkle each sandwich with just a little dill and paprika. Serve immediately or refrigerate. The spread keeps for about a week in the fridge so you can make as many or few as you want and have them again and again!

6 comments:

Cami said...

YAY for REBECCA! Yay for cucumber sandwiches! Nice job.

Jenny said...

Those were SO good. Thanks for the recipe!

Adrian said...

These are SO much better than crack. I ate about 12 of these after the book club.

Jenni said...

Interesting that you know just how good crack is Adrian!!! Funny man!!:)

Bret said...

I finally decided not to wait until the next book club to get my fix and made some cucumber sandwiches today. Love them!! Thanks for introducing them to me Jenni!

Jenni said...

So happy you like them! I find them addicting!!