Friday, July 3, 2009

Crockpot 4 Hour Stew


I got this recipe years ago at a Macy's Little Theater cooking class with Janet Eyring (the c0-author of 101 Things to Do With a Slow Cooker). I love this recipe. The stew always turns out so yummy and it's so easy to throw together. Even though you can make it in 4 hours I always opt for the 10-12 hour on low cook time because I think stews are much better that way. I made Rye Muffins to go along with it and they were a great accompaniment.

Crockpot 4 Hour Stew

2 pounds stew meat
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes (about 3 russet potatoes)
2 carrots, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 soup can of water
1 packet dry onion soup mix

Spray inside of crockpot with non-stick spray. Add stew meat, celery, potatoes, and carrots. In a bowl combine soups, water, and onion soup mix. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 10-12 hours.

No comments: