Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chicken Ramen Stir Fry

I'm reposting this from almost a year ago because I finally remembered to take a picture when we had it for dinner last week. I usually serve this stir-fry with orange rolls.

I got this recipe from a a Young Women leader when I was 16 years old - that just tells you how long I've been obsessed with collecting recipes. I used to make this all the time for my family in high school and this was one of the dishes that I won my husband over with when we were dating. It really is a very yummy dinner and my kids all like it, well except for the zucchini in it, but I refuse to take it out because I LOVE zucchini.


Chicken Ramen Stir Fry

3 raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
3-4 carrots, sliced thinly
1/2 onion, sliced thinly
1 clove garlic, minced
2 c. broccoli florets
1 small zucchini, sliced
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
small amount of vegetable or canola oil
2 packages chicken Top Ramen (flavor packets reserved and noodles broken up)

Heat oil in a large deep skillet or wok. When oil is hot add the chicken and stir fry until mostly cooked through. Then add in order: onions, garlic, carrots, broccoli, and zucchini. Let each vegetable cook a few minutes before adding the next (carrots need a little longer). Drizzle 2 tablespoons of soy sauce over the cooked meat and vegetables. Mix chicken broth, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch, and flavoring packets from the Ramen noodles. Pour this mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Add broken up Ramen noodles. Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat down to medium and cover and cook for 3 minutes. Stir and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until noodles are all the way cooked.

No comments: