Thursday, September 29, 2016

Crock Pot Cinnamon Applesauce

I think homemade applesauce is heavenly. It is the best way to make your home smell like Fall as the apples cook away. Yum! This slow-cooker recipe for applesauce it the best. There's no stirring or watching the pot of applesauce to make sure it doesn't burn on the bottom - all you do it put all the ingredients in the crockpot and let it cook. It is the perfect accompaniment to any meal. I'm so glad I gave this a try - it will probably be the way I make applesauce from now on.

Crock Pot Cinnamon Applesauce

10 cups peeled and sliced apples (this measurement is approximate - I just peeled and sliced enough apples to fill up my crock pot)
Fruit Fresh
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup water

Peel and slice apples. I used my apple peeler/slicer/corer to make this process faster. As you place the apple slices in the crockpot sprinkle the layers with Fruit Fresh and mix around. All together I probably used about 1/2 tablespoon of Fruit Fresh. Add in the brown sugar, water, and cinnamon and mix it all together. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours and then on low for 2 hours, or you can cook on low for 6 hours. Blend apples in the crockpot with an immersion blender until it is the texture you like. If you do not have an immersion blender you can blend in batches in a blender. Pour the applesauce into a bowl and let the applesauce cool for at least an hour before serving. After it is cooled you can serve it or refrigerate it until you are ready to serve the applesauce. It is delicious warm or cold.


No comments: