Monday, May 2, 2016

Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo

This Alfredo sauce recipe is from Olive Garden's website and it really does taste like Olive Garden's sauce. Yay! When I was pregnant with my second I craved fettuccine Alfredo like mad. I thought about it all the time and every time I had the chance to eat out all I wanted was pasta and Alfredo sauce! I now manage my occasional Alfredo cravings better and probably only make this at home once or twice a year, but oh how good it is and this sauce is perfect. It is creamy and coats the pasta so well. I served it with Caesar salad and garlic bread and my family loved it, me especially.

Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo

1 lb fettuccine
6 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.

In a large skillet melt butter. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in heavy cream, milk, Parmesan, Romano, and salt. Whisk constantly and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in the cooked fettuccine. If needed add a little of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

No comments: