Friday, August 7, 2015

My Favorite Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken

So I have a couple of different versions of this recipe on this blog. This one is my favorite. I think it's because it is the easiest. I use frozen chicken breasts and serve it over rice cooked in my rice cooker. It's just fast, easy, delicious, and my whole family looks forward to this dinner every time they see it on the menu. To top it off I usually serve it with canned green beans or steamable frozen mixed veggies. So the actual prep time involved in this meal is about 10 minutes. It doesn't get much easier than that.

My Favorite Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken

5 chicken breasts, frozen is great
1 packet dry zesty Italian dressing mix
1, 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
2 cans cream of chicken soup
cooked rice or pasta for serving

Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle the Italian dressing over it. In a small saucepan combine cream cheese and soups and cook until combined and cheese is completely melted. Pour this soup mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Once chicken is cooked through, remove and shred with two forks; place back in crockpot and stir. Serve over cooked rice or pasta.

No comments: