Monday, February 23, 2015

Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken

I found this recipe in the cookbook 365 Days of Slow Cooking. So far I have loved every recipe I've tried from this cookbook and this is no exception. The chicken turns out moist and flavorful and it was perfect over brown rice (I use short grain brown rice). The taste reminded me a little of sweet and sour chicken. My whole family loved it. Also, it uses chicken thighs instead of breasts, so the chicken has more flavor and it's cheaper. Nice.

Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken

8 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
1/2 cup flour
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
16 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup Russian salad dressing

Dredge the chicken in the flour, tapping off excess flour, and place in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine soup mix, cranberries, and Russian dressing and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Using 2 forks, break up chicken into large chunks. Stir chicken chunks into the sauce in slow cooker. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.

No comments: