Monday, February 18, 2013

Crock Pot Ham and Potato Casserole

I don't know about you, but I have a couple crazy nights each week. The kind that I feel like a taxi driver from about 4:00-7:00pm. Those are the nights when getting dinner on the table is really hard. So I've started planning crockpot meals or meals that take 10 minutes or less to prepare for these nights. This is one of those crazy night meals and it worked out perfectly - yes those are canned green beans again... Remember 10 minutes or less and at least they are a vegetable. (And my son absolutely loves canned green beans - he requests them!) My family really enjoyed this meal and I thought the stuffing mix on top really added a nice touch (a little bit crispy and herby). This recipe is from Six Sisters' Stuff - I love that blog!

Crockpot Ham and Potato Casserole

1, 30 oz bag frozen shredded hash browns (thawed for a couple hours at room temp)
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
8 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups diced ham
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1, 6 oz package herb stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter, melted

Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl combine hash browns, dried onion, salt, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, ham, and cheese. Spread into crockpot. Sprinkle with about 3/4 of the packaged herb stuffing mix. Drizzle with melted butter. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours.

No comments: