Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Favorite Chocolate Mousse

Yum! YUM!! Chocolate mousse is my favorite dessert so when my husband asked me what dessert I wanted on Mothers Day guess what I asked for?! Yep. Ooh and my dear husband did such a great job. This mousse is wonderful with that awesome nearly-fluffy traditional mousse texture. I got this recipe from my friend Alex and modified it just a bit for the taste and texture I like (I added a bit more whipped cream and use a combination of milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate). Thanks Alex!

Chocolate Mousse
-makes 8-9 servings

6 oz good quality semi sweet chocolate chips (I like Ghiradelli)
6 oz good quality milk chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups heavy cream

Melt chocolate very slowly in a double boiler stirring frequently with a rubber spatula. Meanwhile bring 1 cup cream to a boil. Whisk hot cream into melted chocolate until combined. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, whip remaining 1 1/2 cups cream with an electric mixer until light, fluffy, and firm. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture a little at a time with rubber spatula. Mix well, folding, after each addition. Pour mixture into 8 - 9 ramekins or serving dishes and refrigerate for 2 hours.

No comments: