Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crockpot Corn Chowder

This is a great crockpot soup recipe - I love new good crockpot recipes!! My whole family thought it was very tasty. We had it with Quick and Easy Breadsticks and it was a lovely meal. I'm pretty sure I got this recipe from Clouse Cousins Cooking.

Crockpot Corn Chowder

1 1/2 cups chopped onions
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns
2 cups diced ham
20 oz frozen corn
1, 14.5 oz can cream-style corn
5 cups milk (I might decrease this next time I make it for a thicker soup)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes

Melt butter in a skillet and saute onion in butter until soft. Add onion/butter mixture to crockpot plus the rest of the ingredients. Set crockpot to low and cook all day (6-8 hours).

*To thicken the soup I added 4 tablespoons of Ultra Gel about 2 hours before serving. You could also add cornstarch mixed with water or just decrease the amount of milk to make it thicker.

No comments: