Thursday, October 30, 2008

Week of the Crockpot Part 2: Lentil Stew


I got this recipe whilst perusing a bunch of recipe blogs out there, but I kind of adapted it a little to suit our tastes. It really is a super easy recipe and everyone in the family gave it thumbs up.

Crockpot Lentil Stew

2 cups dry lentils
8 cups water
8 beef bouillon cubes
4 tablespoons dried onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons dried bacon-like bits (Bacos)
5 carrots, chopped
4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 teaspoon pepper (I just do a few good cranks of the pepper mill)

Mix all the ingredients together in crockpot. Cook on high for 6 hours. Add beef broth as needed to get desired consistency. (We like it fairly thick, but I did add some broth just too thin it out a bit.) We served it with a few cheese crackers (Annie's Cheddar Bunnies) on top and with rolls - it was a hit.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I made this for my family on Wed. night and I LOVED it!! Clint did too! Nice job :)