Sunday, April 17, 2011

Parmesan Chicken Tenders

I think I found my family's, and definitely my kids', new favorite chicken tenders. These are so great. I love the way my house smells when I'm cooking something yummy and these chicken tenders smelled so good as they cooked. I got the recipe from the Food Nanny cookbook and modified it just slightly. The tenders come out crispy, yet moist on the inside.

Parmesan Chicken Tenders

2 eggs
1 tablespoon water
2 cups panko bread crumbs (I found these right next to the regular bread crumbs in my grocery store)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 lbs chicken breast tenders
1/3 cup butter
salt (optional)

Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 11"x15" baking dish (or if you don't have that you can use a 9x13 baking dish and a 8x8 baking dish so you have enough room for all the chicken).

Beat eggs with water and pour into a shallow dish or pie plate. Mix together the panko, Parmesan, and garlic salt and pour into a separate shallow dish or pie plate. Take each chicken tender and dip in the egg then the bread crumb mixture. Arrange breaded tenders in the greased baking dish (or dishes). Melt the 1/3 cup butter in a glass measuring cup in the microwave and drizzle over the chicken tenders. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. If desired, sprinkle with salt to taste when they come out of the oven.

No comments: